Caramel Delights made with Tiger Nuts
These Copycat Caramel Delights were created by one of our terrific customers Stephanie, using our Premium Organic Tiger Nuts FLOUR, who has a blog at www.uniqueheartbeat.com, and here's what she says:
Who has not had a Girl scout cookie in a lifetime due to food allergies or Celiacs? these cookies are top 8 free, but not yummy free! Jump on board and make this easy Copycat recipe for the best Caramel delights you will ever have. My 8 year old has never had girl scout cookies and could not wait to devour them! She LOVED them and we hope you Enjoy them too!
Ingredients needed for the cookie
- 2 Cups Tigernut Flour
- 1/2 Cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/4 Cup Sweetener of choice (honey, agave, maple)
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 Egg replacer ( I used Namaste foods egg replacer)(*you can also use an egg)
- 3 Tablespoons Tigernut oil (coconut, grape, oleico, olive oil will all work)
Directions to make the cookie PREHEAT oven to 350°
- If using an egg replacer prepare according to package and set aside.
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and pulse until dough forms about 15-20 seconds.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes. (TIP: I make caramel sauce at this time)
- Roll the dough out between 2 sheets of parchment paper about 1/4 inch thick
- Using your favorite round cookie cutter (I used a 2 inch wide round cookie cutter) cut out circles. I used a Wilton tip to make the center of my cookies. Do this until you run out of dough.
- Bake cookies for 8 minutes at 350°
- Let cookies cool completely
Ingredients needed for toppings
- 3/4 Cup Chocolate chips
- 1 Cup Sucanat sugar (coconut sugar or cane sugar will work)
- 1/8 - 1/4 Cup Coconut nectar
- 1/2 cup Coconut fat (solid part of coconut milk in a can after being in the refrigerator overnight)
- 3/4 cup Unsweetened shredded Coconut (Toast over medium heat, watch closely not to burn)
Directions for the Toppings
- To make caramel add Sucanat sugar, coconut nectar and coconut fat in a sauce pan. Bring mixture to a boil and decrease heat to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add chocolate chips to a heat proof bowl and place over a small pot with water over medium heat to melt (make sure water does not touch the bowl with chocolate chips)
- Dip the bottom of the cookies in chocolate and place on parchment paper to set (I put them in the refrigerator for a few minutes to speed up the process)
- Then add caramel sauce on the top of cookies (be careful this can burn you) and press cookies with caramel face down into toasted coconut gently. (TIP: I use a spoon and make a thin circle in the center of the cookie so when i press them into the caramel it spreads evenly and it doesn't fall off the cookie.)
- Place cookies in the refrigerator to set and then ENJOY!
TIP: IF YOU DON'T ANT TO MAKE CARAMEL YOU CAN BUY IT AND WARM IT UP BY PLACING IN WARM WATER!
By the way there is FREE SHIPPING of Premium Organic Tiger nuts FLOUR when you buy 2 kilo's of any type of Tiger Nuts, just click here!