Our Friends Eli and Amalia have a terrific web site that's dedicated to AIP, and it's cleverly named aipnutrition.com, where they have started showing a whole bunch of AIP recipes. We are proud that they are using our Tiger Nuts FLOUR as a key ingredient, and we urge you to check out their web site,
In the meantime here's one that's a little larger than your average chocolate chip cookie.
Giant AIP Chocolate Chip Cookie
Makes: 1 large cookie (or 5 small cookies)
- 1/2 cup Tigernut flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tbsp palm shortening
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp chocolate chips (can substitute with carob chips)
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat the maple syrup, shotening, coconut sugar, and vanilla extract for about 1 minute.
- Add in the dry ingredients (tigernut flour, salt, baking soda) and combine. Lastly add the chocolate chips to the cookie dough.
- We baked our giant cookie in a small cake pan, you can use mini muffin tins for individual cookies or form into dough balls and bake on a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350F for 8-10 minutes, let cool before eating.