You are Sure to Love These Roasted Hazelnut Cookies with Tiger Nuts!
These roasted nut cookies are perfect to make anytime!
Prep Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 40 minutes
What You’ll Need:
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- ½ cup Raw Organic Tiger Nuts
- Extranuts (for garnish)
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- Spread the Tiger nuts on a baking sheet and let them roast under the oven’s broiler for a few minutes. Once the skin starts to peel off and they darken, take out of the oven and let them cook. When they have cooled down, rub them between your hands to get rid of the loose skin. It’s okay if you don’t get all of them off.
- Add the brown sugar and nuts in a food processor and pulse until you have a sand like consistency.
- Add the remaining ingredients and pulse until everything is combined. Form dough from the mixture. If it’s too crumbly, you can add a bit of cold water. Roll the dough into a cylinder, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Take the dough out from the oven and let it warm up a bit before slicing ½ inch thick rounds. Place the cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Cool and garnish with chopped nuts.
(click here for our Raw Organic Tiger Nuts)
If you have used our Tiger Nuts Flour, Oil or Tiger Nuts in a recipe, and have pictures too, please email them to us at email@example.com. They may get published in our newsletter or added to the website.