Try these Healthy and Delicious Turmeric Carrot Muffins
These muffins will remind you sunshine and happy thoughts. The flavor of carrots, chia seeds, fresh ginger and turmeric really makes an amazing and healthy combination. Who ever said muffins can’t be healthy?
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
What You’ll Need:
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- 1-2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2-3 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped or grated carrots
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. oil (optional)
- ½ cup + ¼ cup almond milk
- ½ - 1 tsp. turmeric
- Chia seeds and coconut for topping
- ½ inch. Peeled ginger
- ¼ tsp. salt - 3-4 tbsp. chopped dates or raisins
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 ½ cup Premium Organic Tiger Nuts Flour
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- 2-3 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 tsp. spice (a combo of cinnamon, nutmeg and cardamom or as per your
- Mix in all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 365F and line a muffin pan and set aside.
- Combine all the wet ingredients together in a blender (use only ½ cup almond milk) until everything in incorporated. Transfer to the bowl with the dry ingredients. Rinse the blender with ¼ cup almond milk and add it into the same bowl. Mix everything together until combined. If you feel that the mixture is too runny, add in a few more tbsp. flour.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin pan and garnish with coconut and chia seeds.
- Bake for 25-28 minutes and allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving. You can store them for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
(click here for our Premium Organic Tiger Nuts Flour)
If you have used our Tiger Nuts Flour, Oil or Tiger Nuts in a recipe, and have pictures too, please email them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. They may get published in our newsletter or added to the website.