Discover the Amazing Benefits of Tiger Nuts and Where to Get Them
If you are looking for a healthy snack that is gluten-free, nut-free, organic, high in fiber and nutrition, non-allergenic, AIP, paleo and much more, you might want to try tiger nuts. Tiger nuts are not actually nuts, but tubers that grow underground and have been consumed for centuries in Africa and Spain. They have a sweet, nutty flavor and a chewy texture that makes them a satisfying and delicious treat. Here are some of the amazing benefits of tiger nuts and why you should add them to your diet.
Benefits of Tiger Nuts
- Rich in nutrients: Tiger nuts are packed with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and other beneficial plant compounds. They are especially high in calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, iron, zinc and vitamin C . These nutrients support various functions in your body, such as bone health, immune system, blood pressure, blood sugar and tissue healing.
- Good for digestion: Tiger nuts are a great source of fiber, which can help prevent constipation and promote regular bowel movements. They also contain resistant starch, a type of fiber that feeds the friendly bacteria in your gut and improves your digestive health. Additionally, tiger nuts may have enzymes that help break down food and ease gas, indigestion, and diarrhea.
- May reduce blood sugar levels: Tiger nuts have a low glycemic index (GI), which means they do not cause a rapid spike in blood sugar after eating them. They also contain compounds that may inhibit the activity of alpha-glucosidase, an enzyme that breaks down carbohydrates into glucose. This may help reduce the absorption of carbs and lower blood sugar levels.
- May improve heart health: Tiger nuts are rich in healthy fats, mainly monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fatty acids. These fats can help lower cholesterol levels and prevent the buildup of plaque in your arteries. Tiger nuts also contain arginine, an amino acid that can relax blood vessels and lower blood pressure.
- May boost your immune system and help fight infections: Tiger nuts have antioxidant properties that can protect your cells from oxidative stress and inflammation. They also have antimicrobial effects that can inhibit the growth of harmful bacteria, fungi and viruses. This may help prevent or treat infections such as urinary tract infections (UTIs), candida and herpes.
- May act as an aphrodisiac: Tiger nuts have been traditionally used as a natural remedy for erectile dysfunction and low libido. They contain L-arginine, which can increase nitric oxide production and improve blood flow to the genitals. They also have zinc, which can boost testosterone levels and sperm quality.
How to Eat Tiger Nuts
Tiger nuts can be eaten raw, roasted or boiled. You can snack on them whole or chop them up and add them to salads, granola bars, smoothies or baked goods. You can also make tiger nut milk by soaking them in water overnight and blending them with water and sweetener. Tiger nut milk is a creamy and nutritious alternative to dairy or nut milks. You can also use tiger nut flour to make gluten-free breads, pancakes or cookies.
Where to Buy Tiger Nuts
Tiger nuts are becoming more popular and available in many health food stores and online retailers. However, not all tiger nuts are created equal. Some may be treated with chemicals or additives that can affect their quality and taste. If you want to enjoy the best tiger nuts possible, you should look for organic, raw, and unpeeled varieties that are free of preservatives or artificial flavors.
One of the best sources of organic tiger nuts is www.tigernutsusa.com. They offer premium quality tiger nuts that are grown in Africa and imported directly to the USA. They also have a variety of products made from tiger nuts that are Sliced, Peeled, and made into the amazing Tiger Nuts Flour too, as well as Tiger Nuts Oil.
This article was bruit to you by Tiger Nuts USA www.tigernutsusa.com