Questions & Answers
SERIOUSLY, WHAT ARE TIGER NUTS?
Where do Tiger Nuts come from?
Well here's the thing, Tiger Nuts are actually not nuts, they are a tuber that grows below the ground's surface. They have all of the nutrients and energy benefits of nuts, but do not adversely affect allergies.
Tiger nuts grow in the ground much like a carrot or potato, and then they are cleaned and dried in the warm Mediterranean sun. View a video below to see how they are grown and harvested by our growers in Spain. They are shrink wrapped airtight and shipped to our organic facilities in New York, packed and then shipped to you.
Tiger Nuts are one of the world's healthiest snack foods, and having been around for thousands of years, are nature’s best kept secret. Not only nutritionally beneficial, they also taste great, and as a bonus help curb your appetite.
What's the difference between our Premium Organic and Supreme Peeled Tiger Nuts?
The difference between Premium Organic and Supreme Peeled Tiger Nuts is that we have simply removed the outer skin of the Premium Organic Tiger Nuts, using an all natural process, and the net result is our Supreme Peeled Tiger Nuts. They both have the same nutritional values, except for fiber, the original Premium Organic has about 10% more fiber than ourSupreme Peeled. And in all honesty, while you can eat both varieties right out of the bag, our Supreme Peeled Tiger Nuts are a little easier to chew. By the way, if you find the Premium Organic a little tough to chew, just soak them in a bowl of water for 36 hours and they will plump up and become crunchy!
What nutrients and health benefits do Tiger Nuts deliver?
Based on clinical research, it’s been found that Tiger Nuts are...
- - Gluten Free and Paleo Perfect
- - Organic (and they are packed in our Organic facilities)
- - Non-GMO
- - Allergen and Nut-free (We only pack Tiger Nuts in our New York, Organic facilities)
- - High in Prebiotic Fiber
- - Ideal for those who are lactose intolerant and diabetic
- - Rich in Iron, Zinc, Copper and Magnesium
How do you eat or cook with Tiger Nuts?
Snacks & Smoothies
Our RAW Original Tiger Nuts, Premium Organic Tiger Nuts, and Supreme Peeled Tiger Nuts are the perfect slightly sweet snack! They are packed with fiber, vitamins and nutrients and deliver a serious wallop of energy.
Try the Tiger Nuts Smoothie Mix to add all of these same nutrients to your smoothie in one scoop.
We’re excited to offer our Premium Organic Tiger Nuts Flour to use as a gluten and nut-free baking flour.
Try our Premium Organic Cold Pressed Tiger Nuts Oil as a nutrition-packed alternative to olive oil.
View healthy, delicious recipes on our blog here!
Here are the answers to the most popular questions we get about Tiger Nuts!
1. Where to buy fresh Tiger Nuts?https://tigernutsusa.com/blogs/news/where-to-buy-fresh-tiger-nuts
2. Why are Tiger Nuts good for You
3. Will Tiger Nuts make me fat? https://tigernutsusa.com/blogs/news/will-tiger-nuts-make-me-fat
4. What is the shelf life of Tiger Nuts?https://tigernutsusa.com/blogs/news/what-is-the-shelf-life-of-tiger-nuts
5. Are Tiger Nuts Gluten Free? https://tigernutsusa.com/blogs/news/are-tiger-nuts-gluten-free
6. Who sells Tiger Nuts? https://tigernutsusa.com/blogs/news/who-sells-tiger-nuts