Healthy Gluten Free Tiger Nut and Oat Granola Bar
These terrific looking and tasting Tiger Nuts Granola Bars were created by one of our "No Nut Moms" , she is Stephanie and you can follow her blog by clicking here.
Here's the introduction to the recipe direct from her blog:
When I was a child I remembered eating green package Granola bars. When my oldest daughter Aeverie was diagnosed with Celiac disease it was life changing for our whole family. I was later diagnosed with Celiac as well, life changing in the way that I felt on a daily basis overall after a few weeks on a completely gluten free diet. So it was bye-bye to many foods, especially packaged foods (not that it was a good thing for my overall health to stop eating junk food). I parted my way from my love to this green package granola bar, years later I didn't even remember they existed. One afternoon my mom came over and said she had a green package granola bar earlier that day, that's when it hit me. I needed to make granola bars! That's when these babies came along. They are fast and easy to make and only a handful of ingredients that are easy to find and probably in your pantry already. Pssst... I added white chia seeds to mine for added omegas, but are completely optional.
- 2/3 cup Honey (Or your choice or sweetener)
- 1/3 cup Coconut oil
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 3 Tablespoons Brown sugar (I used Lakanto golden sugar)
- 3 and 1/4 cup Rolled Oats
- 3/4 cup Rice crispy cereal
- 2/3 cup Tiger Nut flour
- 3/4 teaspoon Baking soda (1/2tsp+1/4tsp=3/4tsp)
- 2 Tablespoons White Chia seeds (OPTIONAL)
Directions PREHEAT 350°
- In a large mixing bowl add honey, coconut oil, vanilla, salt and brown sugar. Mix until well combined.
- Add rolled oats, rice crispy cereal, tigernut flour and baking soda. Mix until well incorporated.
- Line with parchment paper a 9×13 inch cookie sheet or glass dish.
- Pour mixture into the baking sheet and press down until it is compact and even (I found something square that was easy to press in my kitchen. *See picture below*
- Put into oven and BAKE for 22-26 minutes (22 minutes gives you a solid but soft bar)
- Take cookie sheet out of oven and press down AGAIN until compact and even. If you skip this step you will not get a compact bar.
- Let it cool for about 5 minutes and then remove out of the baking sheet with the parchment paper and let them cool for about 20 minutes.
- Cut into evenly size bars. Depending how big you cut the bars you should get between 10-12 bars.
Our Premium Organic Tiger Nuts Flour is made from our Raw Premium Organic Tiger Nuts, that's it, Period!
If you would like to see more recipes using our Premium Organic Tiger Nuts please visit us at www.tigernutsusa.com
We are the two nuts who brought Tiger Nuts to America!