Wow do these look good or what.
These are just one of the entries to a "NO NUTS MOMS" Premium Organic Tiger Nuts Baking Contest we have been running recently, and they are fantastic.
These amazing looking and tasting cookies are made with Premium Organic Tiger Nuts Flour, making them Paleo too and safe for those on an AIP diet.
This is what Stephanie (she created them) said in her blog about these cookies:
"OH MY! Can you believe these cookies are Paleo and Vegan? To make it even better they are also Peanut free, Tree nut free, Soy free, Egg free and Grain free, but NEVER TASTE FREE! You don't need any special mixer and No refrigeration required! You must be careful when making them tho because the are extremely addicting! I made these with a lot of Love! I hope you enjoy them as much as we have".
- 1/4 cup Soft Coconut oil (I scrap with a spoon a little at a time out of the jar)
- 1/3 cup Dark chocolate Sunflower seed butter (I used 88 Acres)
- 2/3 cup Coconut sugar
- Chia Egg (2 Tablespoons white Chia seeds+5 Tablespoons warm water) Let it sit for 5 minutes.
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Tigernut flour
- 2/3 cup Dark chocolate (I used 100% and 85% Pascha)
- In a small bowl prepare your chia egg and set aside.
- In a large bowl add coconut oil and dark chocolate sunflower butter. Mix until well incorporated.
- Add coconut sugar, salt and vanilla. Mix until well combined.
- Add in your chia egg. Mix until well incorporated.
- Add Tigernut flour and baking soda. mix until well incorporated.
- Finally add in chocolate chips or chunks. Mix one last time!
- Press down on cookies just enough to get them in a round cookies shape. (they don't spread much)
- Bake for 12 minutes. Let them cool on cookie sheet for a couple of minutes to set.
*NOTE- you can use flax seeds in place of the chia seeds, but you have to grind the flax seeds up first. I use white chia seeds but either will work, it is a preference thing.